- 2kg Spring Hill beef scotch fillet, trimmed
- 1 tbs olive oil
Herb & pistachio salsa verde
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 55g (1/3 cup) pistachio kernels, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs drained baby capers, rinsed
- 2 drained anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 200°C. Use unwaxed kitchen string to tie the beef at 3cm intervals. Place the beef in a roasting pan and drizzle with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 1 hour for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, reserving the pan juices. Cover the beef with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Step 2
Meanwhile, to make the salsa verde, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic and mustard in a bowl until well combined. Stir in the parsley, basil, pistachio, capers and anchovy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3
Thinly slice the beef across the grain and divide among serving plates. Top with salsa verde and drizzle over reserved pan juices.Continue reading...