- 2 tbs olive oil
- 750g SHBeef beef cheeks (see note), trimmed, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 2 each carrots, celery stalks and garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (95g) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125ml) red wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1L (4 cups) beef stock
- 125g risoni pasta (orzo)
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Parmesan, pesto and grissini to serve
- Double qty’s to feed 5 people
Add all to list
Add to my Shopping List
- Step 1
Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Season beef, then cook, in batches, for 3-4 minutes, turning, until browned. Set aside.
- Step 2
Add carrot, celery, garlic and onion to pan and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables soften. Return beef to pan with tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine, tomato and stock, season, then bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and partially cover. Cook for 2 hours or until beef is tender. Add risoni and cook for a further 10 minutes until al dente. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Step 3
Divide soup among bowls and serve with parmesan shavings, pesto and grissini.Continue reading...